Saturday, September 5, 2009

Paul Washer on Regeneration

In this first video, Paul Washer speaks on the "lost doctrine" in American Christianity: the doctrine of regeneration. Paul Washer makes a very interesting statement at 2:17, which is worth writing down: "The doctrine of a Christian living in a continuous state of carnality is abosolute heresy."

We see in 2nd Corinthians 5:17 that "if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

Furthermore, Paul writes to the church in Corinth, saying: "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." (1st Corinthians 6:9-11)


Along, the same line, Paul Washer in this video speaks on Matthew 7:21-23, quotes Jesus as stating plainly: "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'"

Now, a lot of people claim to be "Christian" here in the U.S. Even Mormons & Roman Catholics try to pass themselves off as Christians, yet this isn't the issue. What is the issue, however, are those who claim to be Christian, yet show no evidence whatsoever. I mean, I'm gonna be really honest and say that I have friends on Facebook who, under "religious views" claim to be Christian. Yet, there's no evidence of their salvation and sanctification. I don't say this as to come across as "holier than thou" but, in some cases, I see no difference whatsoever between these professing Christians, and the unbelievers.


In this video, an excerpt from Paul Washer's "Ten Indictments Against the Modern Church," preached in 2008, Paul Washer declares war on the so-called "sinner's prayer." Now, a lot of this, like I noted in my earlier blog post, more or less, dates back to Charles Finney.

No comments:

Post a Comment