Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Problems of Modern Evangelism

Paul Washer addresses the problems that have often arisen with contemperary evangelism in America, including the creation of false converts and the giving of a false gospel.

"Paul Washer on inviting men to Christ"


Paul Washer makes an EXCELLENT point at 3:33 in the below video ("The Psychological Manipulation of the 'Invitation'")about Jesus usually saying something that results in people leaving. If we look at John 6:26, after feeding the 5,000 men, Jesus tells the crowds that: , "Truly, truly, I say to you, you are seeking me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate your fill of the loaves." I paraphrase it as: "you're only following me because I fed you." If you look then, further, in John 6, He tells the people that "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst." (John 6:35)After teaching them that He was the bread of life, that whoever eats his body and drinks His blood, and that it is the Father's work to draw them to Christ, we are told in John 6:66 that: After this many of his disciples turned back and no longer walked with him."

"The Psychological Manipulation of the 'Invitation'"


Pastor Jim McClarty of Grace Christian Assembly in Smyrna, TN, takes a more "tounge & cheek" approach to the same point that Paul Washer is making in "The Psychological Manipulation of the 'Invitation,'" in the video: "Theology Matters in our Gospel Call"

Pastor Jim McClarty,

No comments:

Post a Comment