Monday, January 25, 2010

Warren Smith on "A Lover's Quarrel With the Evangelical Church"

Although I haven't read Warren Smith's book, A Lover's Quarrel With the Evangelical Church, I think based off of what I've heard him talk about, I think he makes some really good points.
Back in August of 2009, Mike Horton interviewed Smith on the "White Horse Inn," in regards to his book, which you can listen to here. In fact, Horton stated: "This is an important book for a crucial moment in our history as Christians in the United States. Besides being richly biblical in its analysis of contemporary evangelicalism, this book is written by a veteran journalist with hard-hitting and inescapable data to support his conclusions. I highly recommend this book."

This month (Jan. of 2010), Smith also gave a lecture, in a similar tone to the interview with Horton, regarding what he percieved as problems with Evangelicalism in America. And, I think he also was wise to stress that he wanted to make the emphasis not on the quarrel, but on the lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment