Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Note From my Friend Regarding Limited Atonement

Yet again, my best friend & beloved brother, Charlie Brennan, wrote a WONDERFUL note, and the false notion regarding the old evangelistic cliche that Jesus stands at the door of your heart, knocking, awaiting for you to open the door. I would add that the verse, from Revelation 3:20, is actually taken out of context. Christ was actually speaking to the wayward CHURCH in Laodicea.

the picture of Christ knocking on the door

"so let me start here many say that we can choose God. they will use the picture of Christ knocking on the door of someones heart, with the handle on the other said that he is not. now i say to this we cant choose God. "John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you." so we see that by this verse in john that we cant pick to follow God. but the thing that they will say is well you can the handle is only were only you can open it. but i say to this who's to say he goes to all doors. lets go back to the verse, i spoke of before john 15:16 we see that in this verse.

"Joh 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you."

i have heard that this is for the disciples, that Christ pick them and that they had nothing to do with it. now this is true but Christ is talking to all that his father gave him. in fact Christ does not pray for the world but the ones given to him by the father. we see this in John 17:9 I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours. that Christ does not pray for the world. now i go back to the picture of Christ knocking on the door. if Christ would not pray for the world why would he not go to every door then, so we see in many verse in the bible that we cant pick but only be picked. Christ did not and i say did not die for everyone. we see this in John 3:16, 15:16 , and john 17:9.

so one might say that i am taking john 3:16 out of context but i will refer you to my past note on this excite verse. and you will see that i take you back to the Greek and go from there.

this picture that we have is in fact taken out of what it means by all who say we can pick. i see this pitcher as him picking the door in which to go to and to save that person not the whole world but the would of the believers only. so we see that the Atonement of Christ on Calvary was, Limited Atonement not universal.


Soli Deo Gloria and God bless"

No comments:

Post a Comment